[TriLUG] RHEL4 X qestion

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Jul 26 15:45:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 13:33 -0400, Mark Fowle wrote:
> I have sever workstations I just upgraded to RHEL 4 (update 3) - Now when
> the users try to display back to there workstations
> they get they "can't display back" error.  I thought it was something simple
> like xhost + , but that doesn't seem to do it either.
> ssh -X works, but the application they run wont work that way -   Has anyone
> seen this problem?

Just a wild guess: have you tried "ssh -Y" which does the trusted X11
forwarding?

Also, users can set:

  ForwardX11Trusted yes
  ForwardX11 yes
  ForwardAgent yes

in their ~/.ssh/config or the system-wide /etc/ssh/ssh_config.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464