[TriLUG] TCO - Linux, UNIX, and MS

Lee Fickenscher elfick at mac.com
Wed Aug 2 10:16:13 EDT 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 8:28 AM, OlsonE at aosa.army.mil wrote:

> I remember seeing something a while back about using SAMBA as your DC.
> While I haven't played with it ...the concept seems pretty neat.

I've used samba as a PDC before. It worked flawlessly. But that is
basically an NT4 domain. Last time I actually checked the samba docs
couldn't act as an active directory master. In reading the docs for
OS X server, it seems that it can act as a active directory master
and since it uses samba and openLDAP I'm guessing that the same can
be done on linux now.

-Lee