[TriLUG] OT: Quiet SCSI drive

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Fri Aug 4 14:52:53 EDT 2006

Very sure. I can run the machine off a Gentoo livecd with no drives in
and it sounds great. I considered just running it off a livecd for a while,
except that to do anything useful I would need to roll my own.

These are 2GB Seagate Barracuda's, probably from 1998. How do I find the
specs, and/or step them down? Preferrably without having to put them
back in? :-)

Owen