[TriLUG] How was your week?

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 00:26:13 EDT 2006

I have to say: the google ads while I was reading your email were
quite entertaining.

I think I owe you a beer (or similar) for laughing at your expense.
You'll find me up front at the meeting if you can make it.

So, to answer your question, my week was pretty good. Better than
yours, luckily. Joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. That
really sucks.

-CMP

P.S.

<plug class="shameless">I know where you can get a good 1400AV UPS (or
two) if you need one (or two, or other replacement hardware).</plug>

On 8/5/06, WA Brown <brownwa at ftc-i.net> wrote:
> Two weks ago I had a lightning strike. Lightning hit the TV antenna, came
> down the pole, blew the cover to a breaker box into the yard. Then it jumped
> to the telephone protector and blew out the DSL modem. Then it hit both
> computers and took out both built into the motherboard nic cards, video
> cards, KVM switch and the keyboard! Then it took out a Ham Radio and an
> antenna tuner. It also hit both satelite receivers in the house. It hit my
> Ham Repeater. took out the link radio and controller.
>
> So how was your week?
>

> WA Brown

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences