[TriLUG] linksys WRT54g v.5

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 02:47:47 EDT 2006

I'm not sure OpenWRT has a version small enough to fit on the v.5
right now. I think dd-wrt is the only one that has that. OpenWRT is
definitely what I'd use for a v.4 (or GL). You're right on that point.

-CMP

On 8/6/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/5/06, Cristobal Palmer <cristobalpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Two-part question:
> >
> > I've heard that the v.5 WRTs have a nasty habit of resetting if you're
> > doing something like voip. I'm wondering (1) if this happens with just
> > normal home use. I'm looking here for responses from people with
> > direct experience with v.5 WRTs.
> >
> > (2) For putting Linux (dd-wrt) on a v.5, any gotchas or caveats? Is
> > this a good walkthrough:
>
> It's probably a bit off topic but...
>
> I still haven't re-flashed my WRT, but the last time I looked,
> open-wrt was looking like a better candidate than dd-wrt. It seemed to
> be more capable and I think that it's caught up with dd-wrt's
> "advantage" of having a web interface.
>
> I'm interested in opinions on dd vs open for when I eventually to to
> that "round-tuit"
>
> --
> Rick DeNatale
>
> IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
> http://ipmsr12.denhaven2.com/
>
> Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
> http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences