[TriLUG] Is it worth it?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 16:14:49 EDT 2006

I've got an HP 720C which needs repair or replacement.

The belt which moves the cartridge carrier is gradually
disintegrating.  The belt itself looks like it's  some kind of fiber
reinforced rubber-like material.

It started a few months back with a 'thread' coming off the edge. I
clipped that and the printer has worked since, but lately it's been
discarding small bits of the rubber like material, and gets frequent
errors when I print.

Any recommendations on a local repair place?  I know these days that
printers are often cheaper to replace than repair, but my budget means
that I need to find the most economical fix, or go without a color
printer.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator