[TriLUG] Routing...once again.

Michael Tharp gxti at partiallystapled.com
Tue Aug 8 09:22:29 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 09:02 -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> Brian:
>
> You should have a default gateway for each nic, not just one for the entire
> machine.

Are you sure about that? It seems like a default route would be
per-machine. That's the role it serves - if I don't know where this
packet goes, shove it here and this guy will know what to do with it. I
can't speak from experience though as I've never had two networks with a
route to the public Internet, and had to sit services on different
ones.

What I do know is that you will need to bind OpenVPN to one IP rather
than listening on all interfaces. I don't know OpenVPN's specific way of
doing this, but it'll be an option in the config file, or something
along those lines.