[TriLUG] Routing...once again.

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Aug 8 09:41:45 EDT 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Brian Henning wrote:

> However, I really really really want to run OpenVPN on bob
> and have it move traffic solely in and out through the
> .10.1 gateway.  That service on that machine never needs
> to move a single packet out of the default gateway.

is it possible to differentiate the packets that go over the
VPN by some IP parameter (src/dst address/port, proto) from
the packets that go over the regular network? If so you can
set up a routing table using the iproute2 tools. I won't say
it's easy to set up. Here's a script I used to send packets
from a particular IP:port over one network, while sending
all the rest to a default gw.

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.3-Tier.html#3-tier_route_setup

Joe