[TriLUG] Broadwick Corporation is seeking a Full-Time Linux Systems Engineer

Jason Faulkner jfaulkne at broadwick.com
Wed Aug 9 23:06:21 EDT 2006

Broadwick is seeking a Full-time Linux Systems Engineer

Note: Broadwick sends OPT-IN email newsletters on behalf of our
customers. Please view our anti-spam policy here:
http://www.intellicontact.com/terms/anti-spam.php. Please drop me an
email if you have any hesitation or questions about the position.

Seeking systems engineer in firm to maintain a secure and stable
intranet build on Debian linux servers. Position will involve working
with Apache, MySQL, various scripting languages, and Windows desktops.
Looking for someone who enjoys working hard in a dynamic entrepreneurial
atmosphere. You'll be joining a rapidly growing firm, with significant
potential for growth and leadership in this position. You'll work with
our CTO and collaborate with the rest of the Systems team. Experience
diagnosing Windows desktop computers, managing network and intranet
services, and a willingness to work with vendors are required.

Responsibilities will include:
 * Going through initial training and product orientation of
IntelliContact and server setup
 * Acting as a first line of assistance for user problems
 * Maintaining secure and stable intranet services, including email,
wiki, and VPN
 * Developing and upgrading the office network
 * Installing new desktop hardware and software
 * Participating in a pager rotation to respond to service outages
 * Management and auditing of desktop software licenses
 * Working with vendors to obtain and maintain services, hardware, and
software
 * Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate inventory of IT assets
 * Performing periodic audits of server backups
 * Interacting with IP telephony vendor for new equipment and service
changes.

Skills:
 * Debian Linux: Backports, Cron, OpenVPN, Apache, Virtual Hosting,
MySQL, Postfix (virtual), DNS, DHCP, Request Tracker, CUPS, LDAP, Kerberos
 * Networking: OpenBSD, Routing, Subnetting, Supernetting, NAT, SNAT,
DNAT, private networks, Switch
 * Windows XP: Desktop support, software installing, hardware upgrading,
general troubleshooting
 * Knowledge scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash

Salary range based on experience plus health benefits, 401k, and
flexible spending accounts. Hours will be 9:00am to 6:00pm M-F (can be
slightly flexible). Both scheduled and non-scheduled after hours work
will be required for server maintenance and/or emergencies.

If you are interested and/or would like more information please send
resume to HR Director Robert Plumley at jobs at broadwick.com.

If you are a qualified candidate we will contact you to schedule either
an in-person interview or teleconference interview. Additional
information on the company and software can be found at
www.intellicontact.con and www.broadwick.com.

Note: Broadwick Corporation is sponsoring the August meeting of TriLUG,
and two Broadwick employees, Jason Faulkner (me) and Ian Kilgore are
presenting.

--
Jason Faulkner
System Administrator