[TriLUG] Printing + Linux + Turboprint

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Thu Aug 17 10:09:37 EDT 2006

Yesterday I was asking if anyone had any experience / comments using
Turboprint. Well, last night I finally got down to installing it...
after installing cups + ghostscript. Worked like a charm ...after I
stopped toying with cups.

My linux computer is now connected to a network printer, that's
connected to a Windows XP machine.

The "free" version, is limited, and only lets you print in 600dpi. Its
also limited to "private" use. I'm going to try the  hack and slash way,
and use a printer driver that's close to the Canon MP 780 that I use.