[TriLUG] RPM spec file... Requires: init(foo) ??

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:46:54 EDT 2006

On 8/16/06, Benjamin Reed <rangerrick at befunk.com> wrote:

> basically you can require that something be there for a specific part of
> the rpm transaction chain...
>
> - ---(snip!)---
> Requires(pre): /usr/sbin/some-script.sh
> Requires(post): /sbin/chkconfig
>
> %pre
> /usr/sbin/some-script.sh
>
> %post
> /sbin/chkconfig
> - ---(snip!)---
>
> Without these "hints" rpm is pretty lax in how it determines ordering
> for installing packages.
>
> Although, I must admit, I'm not sure what "init" stands for in this
> case.  I generally use it for pre,post,preinst,postinst.

Ben,

That syntax isn't the same as what Aaron posted so I'm
not sure it is the same.  I took a look at all the spec files
I have saved from building things on the trilug cluster
during my 3 years on the SC and didn't see anything at
all that used that kind of syntax.  I have this feeling I've
seen it somewhere though, probably on Mandrake.
It looks to me almost like the "init(dhcp-forwarder)" is
trying to qualify something about init but I can't see
at all how those combine.  Aaron, is that verbatim
from the spec file?  Can you post the entire spec
file, because it's much more likely that we can tell
more about it in context.

Thanks,
Tanner

--