[TriLUG] Re: fsck.reiserfs reports \\\'Filesystem seems to havefatal corruptions\\\'

fendy fendy bimasakti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:18:56 EDT 2006

I would do:
Make a backup : image ( as Alson Said) or copy important files to a healthy
filesystem

for smartmon:
I made  a baclground program to call smarctl tool in a duration of time and
parse the info, and send notification to the Web interface via socket ( this
was for the retail project, complicated due on user friendlyt)

for using smartd:
smartd always create log file as my understanding or sending an email (
based on your configuration)

can you run smartctl on the command line to check you Harddisk?
it should show you the  errors.

as I know, smartctl sometimes fails to probe  some harddrives.
Like on my linux box. smartctl  can not probe my  SATA  harddisk  ( could be
my problem)

Cheers,