[TriLUG] need help, netcat as a traffic generator?

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Thu Aug 24 20:43:42 EDT 2006

I was about to reply along this line earlier today, before I googled
"urandom"...  Assuming it works similarly on all *nix systems (which, I
realize, could be a big assumption), both urandom and random pull from the
entropy pool; the only difference being that random blocks when it runs out,
whereas urandom forges ahead with a pseudo-random generator.  At least,
that's how I interpreted what I read.

~B