[TriLUG] buying songs online

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Tue Sep 5 23:22:43 EDT 2006

Just as this thread was winding down in comes a message from Pandora.  I
think that it's great they they have a specific goal of enabling a
middle class of musician, folks who can make a living at music, but
won't become "superstars".  I won't be able to get to the event, but
hopefully some of you will.

Kevin

--------------snip -----------------

Hey, Tim here,

I'm coming to Raleigh-Durham! The evening of Wednesday September 20th I?ll be at the Carolina Theatre for an informal town hall meeting. Hope you can make it. There are lots of Pandora listeners at the school campuses in the Triangle and surrounding areas, and I thought it would be great to have a chance to meet some of you.

I've been holding town hall meetings for the past few months (check out our road trip blog at http://dbm.pandora.com/t?r=927&ctl=13D00C0:41B54555F6663C9621CCD3D5B8091C05050542759970026E to see where I've been and where I'm going).  They've been great opportunities to talk with folks who are using the service - not only to discuss Pandora, but also to talk about the evolution of the online music world in general.

This free event will be a great opportunity for me to hear what's on your mind.  I'll also have some cool Pandora giveaways!

Please let me know if you'd like to come by dropping us a line at tour at pandora.com

Details:

WHAT:  PANDORA AND THE FUTURE OF MUSIC
WHEN:  Wednesday, September 20th at 7 pm
WHERE: The Carolina Theatre
309 W. Morgan Street
Durham
http://dbm.pandora.com/t?r=927&ctl=13D00C1:41B54555F6663C9621CCD3D5B8091C05050542759970026E
RSVP: Reply to this email

Among the questions we hope to tackle:

- How is technology changing the nature of radio?
- How important are community and peers when it comes to discovering music online? What's the best way to foster community?
- Can services like Pandora help create a larger middle class of artists who aren't superstars, but have enough of an audience to support themselves through their music?  Do music lovers want more music discovery?

I hope you will be able to join me.  As I mentioned, we have a lot of listeners  in the area, however not all have opted to receive our emails , so please feel free to forward this email on to those you think might like to attend.  Again, this is a free event but  we'd love to get an idea in advance of how many people will attend so please RSVP.

See you soon,

Tim

You are currently subscribed to receive email updates from Pandora.  If you would like to unsubscribe, please log in to your account at http://dbm.pandora.com/t?r=927&ctl=13D00C2:41B54555F6663C9621CCD3D5B8091C05050542759970026E , click on the account button, click 'edit my account', click edit, uncheck the checkbox in the lower-left of the screen, and click save. If you have any trouble, please email pandora-support at pandora.com.