[TriLUG] Cobalt qube 3, anyone have one?

Jim Tuttle jtuttle at prairienet.org
Wed Sep 6 12:21:29 EDT 2006

Hi all,

    I inherited one of these devices, but no hard drive.   I dropped in
a drive, but it's not something that you can just drop in a stock fedora
installation.  Does anyone have a drive that they can DD, or a rescue CD
for one of these?

Thanks!

    Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You can download the OS Restore CD from Sun at
http://www.sun.com/download/index.jsp?cat=Operating%20Systems&tab=3&subcat=Sun%20Cobalt

I just got one of these myself and am planning on installing Debian or
Ubuntu one of these days.  The Redhat 6.2-based Cobalt OS is woefully
outdated.  I have some collected links to resources for installing
something more modern if you'd like to contact me off list.

Jim

---Jim Tuttle