[TriLUG] handling email aliases for large numbers of emails

Errol Casey errol at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 8 16:46:47 EDT 2006

I was wondering how other admins, handle aliases that are used to receive
cron daemon notices, and other system messages.

I'm thinking of changing the alias to use one mailbox instead of forwarding
to multiple; and then provide some web interface to review the email.

The other option would be to change cron and scripts, to use syslog and
force the logs to a centralized syslog server.

How have others done it? I've used mhonarc in the past for mail archiving
and indexing, but it doesn't provide a search/filter interface.