[TriLUG] WAY OT: Technical Book Resources

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Sep 11 20:39:47 EDT 2006

Brian Weaver wrote:

> I know this is off topic, but this is a resourceful group.
>
> I'm looking for two books, but my favorite online book seller
> (Bookpool) doesn't have them in stock. B&N and Borders can order them,
> but significantly more expensive than Bookpool.
>
> Does anyone know of any good online or local stores that carry a large
> selection of technical books. I'd even be willing to purchase the book
> in electronic format, but paper is preferred. Computer displays still
> haven't managed to overtake paper publishing if you ask me, both have
> their advantages and disadvantages.
>
> Since this is Way OT, replies should probably be sent to me and not
> the list.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Brian

I'm very surprised that no one mentioned http://www.addall.com/
Addall is to books what Pricegrabber is to electronics.  If you're
looking for the cheapest price on a book, or just a hard-to-find title,
it's definitely the first stop.  It's also one of my wife's favorite
websites, which makes it worth mentioning that she's a reference
librarian.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner