[TriLUG] why is it slow?

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 23:30:23 EDT 2006

> Unfortunately, as I said, in my experience ( admittedly nothing like
> someone like, or even Aaron himself ) I have always had very little luck
> trying to do U-turns in firewalls.

My firewall is handling dhcp and dns with dnsmasq. I've added sites I
host from home to /etc/hosts on the firewall with lines like:

192.168.1.60 somehost.homelinux.net

Seems to work fine for me. dnsmasq is available for linux and *bsd.
You can also configure it blindfolded. Err... well... y'know...

-CMP

--
Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences