[TriLUG] got a business you are trying to covert to OSS?

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Wed Sep 13 11:03:50 EDT 2006

-1 knee-jerk.

Whether or not we appreciate Microsoft's software, prices, services,
business practices, or choice of cologne, pirating their software is as
illegal as pirating anyone else's.  Though I suspect it will result in
more bad publicity than anything else, Microsoft is not overstepping
(imho) any moral or ethical bound by initiating these suits against
entities they have reason to believe are violating the terms of their
licenses.

Of course, I also strongly support the idea that the plaintiff should be
subject to severe punitive damages should investigation reveal the
charges are false.

Cheers,
~B