[TriLUG] file formats

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Thu Sep 14 11:46:42 EDT 2006

FYI -

Those who aer going to use captive-ntfs (fuse), make sure you have your
Windows XP cd nearby. It requires you copy two files from the CD (if I
remember correctly -- you can also copy these off your HDD). I could not
-- due to some checksum, or other crazy issue... But the CD worked fine.

Captive-ntfs / fuse was VERY slow reading NTFS for me.... so I abandoned
it in favor of the linux kernel NTFS driver. I'm currently using
gentoo-sources-2.6.17-r4 and have NO issues reading or writing large
files (my last trial was moving a 4gb video I had from EXT3 to NTFS),
and deleting the file on the NTFS drive. I also have Windows XP running
chkdsk at every boot ...to make sure the FS is sane.