[TriLUG] Re: kernel panic (and other stuff)

m36344748-1 at pop.1and1.com m36344748-1 at pop.1and1.com
Fri Sep 15 12:26:03 EDT 2006

Stephen, thank you for the reply.  Interestingly enough, I solved the
problem, but it had nothing to do with the ACPI.  My USB keyboard was
apparently drawing far too much power and it was causing all sorts of other
errors to trickle down.  As soon as I unplugged it and replaced it with a
PS/2 keyboard, my problems were solved.

Such is the life of a confused Linux newb...

Thanks again,
Michael Ham