[TriLUG] Re: postfix question/problem

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Sep 16 11:43:04 EDT 2006

You're locking out everyone outside of your own network.

#--------------------------------------------------
# INCOMING SMTP AUTHENTICATION --------------------
#--------------------------------------------------
# (MY USERS SENDING MAIL THROUGH ME)
# (RANDOM MAIL SERVERS SENDING MAIL TO MY USERS)
#--------------------------------------------------

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_application_name = smtpd
# (1) Accept mail from localhost (needed for Squirrelmail to work).
# (2) Accept mail that is from an authenticated user and destined for
anywhere.
# (3) Reject mail for destinations that I am not in charge of (forwarder
or final).
# (4) Check the "greylist" which is maintained by the "postgrey" package.
# (5) Accept anything else (mail where I am the forwarder or the final
destination).
# TODO - perhaps replace reject_unauth_destination with
check_relay_domains ???
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination check_policy_service
inet:127.0.0.1:60000
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname

You can forget about (4) and the "inet:127.0.0.1:60000" stuff.
That's for greylisting.

Alan