[TriLUG] mythtv issue

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sat Sep 16 20:43:17 EDT 2006

i installed knoppmyth on my home server and got it working.  can boot
knoppmyth on another machine and connect to the backend fine.  pretty damn
cool app (and this is coming from someone with two tivos).

while i was at it wanted mythfrontend on my main laptop (ubuntu breezy) too,
but there aren't any mythtv 0.19 packages so i grabbed the tarball.
everything builds fine but running mythfrontend results in zero network
traffic even though it says it's connecting to the backend server on a
different host.  tcpdump at both ends shows no traffic at all.  the
mysql-client package is installed, and i can connect using the mysql
command.  could this just be a missing dependency during the build that
wasn't detected, or some other silly little thing?

jason