[TriLUG] setting up an SMTP no-op server

Ron Yorgason ron at tritechs.net
Mon Sep 18 10:58:10 EDT 2006

You can do this with sendmail and the virtusertable.  Once you have
sendmail configured to use the virtusertable file, the entry would look
something like:

@domain.com loadtest

where loadtest is a user on that system, and will get every email sent
to that domain.  If you just google 'virtusertable' you'll find all the
documentation you need to set up the feature.

And it looks like postfix has an identical feature, same syntax and
everything, but stored in /etc/postfix/virtusertable instead of /etc/mail.

--Ron