[TriLUG] mythtv issue

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Sep 18 11:15:10 EDT 2006

hw is a dell 400sc, 2ghz celeron, 1gb ram (both are overkill, cpu and ram
usage is quite low), pvr-350 card.

network is a standard 10/100 (soon to be gigabit) lan, and i have a wifi
bridge in the garage so i can give servers network access without lugging
them upstairs.

watching live tv on the myth box leaves the cpu about 80% idle, another
frontend stream eats another 5-10%.  as a mythfrontend, my laptop's cpu
usage is about 20% which is enough to keep it on the lowest cpuspeed setting
(600mhz).

all in all i'm extremely impressed with it.