[TriLUG] how to contact SC?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:08:15 EDT 2006

> On 9/20/06, Christopher L Merrill <chris at webperformance.com> wrote:
> > Could someone, preferably the treasurer, contact me, please?

John Broome, if you please: jbroome at gmail dot com .  I would also
like to remind the membership that you can join by finding John at a
meeting and requesting a membership form.

On 9/21/06, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoa!  Ever since it was set up, steering at trilug dot org has been
> open to anyone since it is supposed to be the PRIMARY CONTACT
> address for the Steering Comittee.

This policy has not changed, but YES, the steering *does* gets lots of
SPAM and it takes a lot of time to parse through what's in the junk
bucket.  Sometime after the election, I changed the setting to "Hold"
from "Accept" and took personal responsibility for checking the trap.

If the list was set to "Reject," then this is indeed incorrect
according to our policy, but I have just verified that the setting is
now "Hold."

> If the current SC has changed this,
> then they need to publicize this fact immediately and also provide
> an alternative contact mechanism.

Again, the policy hasn't changed, but I welcome with alacrity any
SC-related queries at mattfrye at gmail dot com .

Matt
--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattfrye