[TriLUG] Verizon.net hates me

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:37:20 EDT 2006

All e-mail sent from our domain to any verizon.net account is bounced with
the following error:

< mx.nccumc.org #5.0.0 X-Mail-Agent; host relay.verizon.net[206.46.232.11]
said: 550    You are not allowed to send mail:sv15pub.verizon.net (in reply
to MAIL FROM    command)>

Does anyone know the number of who I should call for help with this.  I have
called three different numbers off of their website.  NO one can seem to
visualize that I am not a Verizon/AOL customer and that I need to talk to
their IT Office.  I sent an e-mail to postmaster at verizon.net a week ago with
no answer.  Has anyone contacted Verizon with this problem before?  If so,
what number did you call?

I suppose this is on topic since mx.nccumc.org is a linux server.  :(