[TriLUG] Re: Subversion setup question?

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Sep 26 16:27:06 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 04:11:23PM -0400, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> There's a tunnel mode of running svnserve, but the documentation is
> confusing,  It says that it will work with an ssh tunnel that is
> "already set up", but I can't for the life of me figure out what that
> means in terms of what needs to be done on the svn client side.

Not actually having done this, you must take this with the proverbial
grain of salt.

However, I would think that you would do this with the "port forwarding"
configuration of SSH.  Attach ( in your configuration file on the svn
side ) a particular incoming SSH port to your SVN server.  Then on the
client, set the svn client up to talk to a local port, which is then
captured by the local ssh software and forwarded to the server on the
"private" port.

Does that make any sense?

B-)