[TriLUG] The thin line...

Jason Faulkner jason at oldos.org
Thu Sep 28 17:13:45 EDT 2006

> So for the sysadmins among us how many of you are using any of the
> following to do sysadmin tasks.  I'm talking here about managing your
> scripts and configuration files, not using these tools to get or
> install software from source:
>
> 1) make (or less likely perhaps, ant or rake)

I use this some, but mainly in the context of debian packaging. We use
a *lot* of debian packages.

> 2) A configuration management/repository system like cvs or subversion.

It is a policy requirement (made my me :D) that are to be used by more
than one person (i.e. by the whole SA team) must be in subversion. We
also, by extention, deploy config files to servers VIA debian
packages, so the config files are "kept" in SVN as well.

--
Jason Faulkner
http://oldos.org