[TriLUG] Outage summary

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Tue Oct 3 19:26:05 EDT 2006

dargo shutdown was a bit rocky.  It got to "Starting killall:" and hung.
Hit the big red button.  Forced a filesystem check and it required one
reboot after (I think) /dev/md1.  On next boot, again forced filesystem
check.  One of the fs'es had a bunch of orphan inodes.  Once checked, logged
on and did a base check.  xfs was running at 100%.  non-X machine doesn't
need a font server, so killed and chkconfig'd off.  Rebooted one more time
to verify proper auto start.  We are up and running again with a nice
de-crufted environment :)

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5