[TriLUG] Start ooimpress presentation on startup?

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Oct 4 15:12:48 EDT 2006

I would like to be able to launch ooimpress, and have it automatically
"present" a presentation.  Specifically, I'd like the functionality of
running `ooimpress /path/to/presentation.sxi` and pressing Control-F2 to
start the presentation.  It seems like there ought to be a command line
option to achieve this effect, but I'll be darned if I can find one.  I
have yet to resort to digging through the code, or writing a helper app
to send it xevents, I thought before going that far, I'd shoot a quick
note here and ask if anyone has solved this problem before.  The
one-line backstory, is that this is for an exhibit in a museum, which
needs to start the presentation directly from the command line (on
reboot).  This is used as a direct replacement for power point (where
this is an easy thing), and the desire and motivation to use an open
source replacement is high, it's just not proving out to be easy,
unfortunately.

Thanks,
Aaron S. Joyner