[TriLUG] Changing the timeout timer on SSH connections

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:39:49 EDT 2006

man sshd_config

Seems to work on the RHEL4 box I have access to.

>From that page:

ClientAliveInterval
             Sets a timeout interval in seconds after which if no data
has been received from the client, sshd will send a message
             through the encrypted channel to request a response from
the client.  The default is 0, indicating that these messages will
             not be sent to the client.  This option applies to
protocol version 2 only.

LoginGraceTime
             The server disconnects after this time if the user has
not successfully logged in.  If the value is 0, there is no time
             limit.  The default is 120 seconds.

-CMP