[TriLUG] Need Linux solution for Quicken

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 21:17:03 EDT 2006

Gnucash.

http://www.gnucash.org/

Does "double entry" accounting, imports .qif files, has great documentation....

>From their site:

"The GnuCash development team has continued to improve file import
filters, which allow users to import work from old programs like
Microsoft Money and Quicken. GnuCash can load QIF and QFX files, which
are used by both of those programs."

I've played with gnucash in Ubuntu Edgy and found it to be very
powerful but also very much a piece of accounting software, and I
really don't know anything about accounting except what I learned in
an entry-level Econ class and what I learned from the gnucash
tutorial.

Good Luck,
CMP