[TriLUG] Thinkpad T60 opinions?

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Oct 23 13:38:18 EDT 2006

Based on your post, I can not tell what your criteria are -- so I'll just
throw out a few thoughts.  I had a T23 and a T30.  I almost ordered a T60 a
few weeks ago - but ended up with a Z61m, instead.  It is significantly
larger than my T30 (which is roughly the size of the new T60s), so if small
size is a factor, the Z series is out.  I found that the Z series had a lot
of extras for slightly less cost than the T series (like a media card reader,
widescreen, etc) -- so it might be worth a look.

Ping me offline if you want to hear more details or see it in person.  I'm
pretty happy with it, so far.

Chris

Jim Tuttle wrote:
> I'm looking for a new laptop and think I'll probably get a Thinkpad T60.
>  I was wondering if anyone here had any comments or recommendations for
> or against.  Whatever I get, I'll shrink the ntfs partition down and
> install Ubuntu so Linux compatibility is important.  In fact, I see that
> you can get Suse pre-loaded.  Of course, it costs about twice as much
> that way!
>
> The actual configuration I'm considering is at
> http://www.trilug.org/~jjtuttle/thinkpad-t60.pdf if anyone cares to look.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services