[TriLUG] Thinkpad T60 opinions?

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Mon Oct 23 15:22:20 EDT 2006

I did something similar Jim,

Got a T60 lenovo, 100gig hard drive, ran partition magic and gave the
windows side a total of 60gigs (C: = 30gigs & D: = 30gigs) and then I
gave the rest to my RHEL WS4-v4 install. Everything went smooth until I
got to the point of trying to configure Redhat for wireless. It seems
that Lenovo put in a Atheros wireless Pro/1000 network card in their
system which doesn't sit too well with Redhat EL WS4 and will give you
headaches. I've not been successful
yet in getting the Ahteros and I had similar problems with the Cisco
Aironet 350 wireless card as well. Both would get to the point of
complete configuration and then fail at activation attempt.
I was just on the verge of going into conniption fits when I came across
this post that might explain why I was having such a hard time with
these cards:

Hope this helps you on you way to the dual boot setup. I'll continue to
try on my end with the RHELWS4-4 setup. Stay tuned.....

D-

    PS,
                 Yes, mac address were both registered with campus.....
*