[TriLUG] Freenode?

Ian Kilgore ian at trilug.org
Thu Nov 2 09:13:52 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:04:42AM -0500, William Sutton wrote:
> Some of us are on; Nivex made the observation that the US servers seem to
> be unavailable.  Try one of the European ones...
>
> I seem to have been on and fairly undisturbed on sterling.freenode.net at
> the moment.
>
> And just for public record...I want to apologize to Nivex for opposing the
> move to another ircnet.
>
> --
> William Sutton

08:06 <denny> we lost a core server or two, so services have dropped offline for a bit
08:06 <denny> the people in the states are all busy phoning each other and sorting it out - hopefully we'll have things resolved soon  :)

Later:

09:02 [freenode] -christel(i=christel at freenode/staff/gentoo.christel)- [Global Notice] Hi all! As you no doubt have noticed we're having some problems our
          end, we're experiencing a rather large Denial of Service attack and most of our servers were affected, and as such, most of our users! I'm terribly
          sorry for the inconvenience and hope you all hang in there. Thank you for using freenode!
--
Ian Kilgore
echo "pfxz at pfxz.trw" | tr pzfwxt ikagno