[TriLUG] Computer Supply in Greensboro

matt1027 box1027 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 3 10:04:51 EST 2006

Can anyone recommend a computer supply store in Greensboro?  I'm
looking for a quieter heat sink fan.  CompUSA does not appear to have
any in stock.

Also a side question, since my hard drive has such a bad screech in
it (making my ears ring) that I'm going to have to replace it -- will
a drive that has an Ultra ATA/100 interface work with my motherboard
that has Ultra DMA33/ATA 66 specs?  Its 5 year-old AMD vintage (GA-7IXE4).

Best Buy has a Seagate on sale this week.  The drive that screeches
is a Western Digital and it's really not that old.  My other Western
Digital is way older and it never did that--although it was a Caviar,
maybe better.  Any comments on Seagates or quiet drives?

Thanks,
Matt