[TriLUG] OT: WRT54G bridging

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Nov 6 10:32:56 EST 2006

Hiya Gang,
   If I pick up another WRT54G[L] and manage to successfully flash it
with OpenWRT, how difficult is it to set up a wired LAN that bridges to
my existing LAN by way of the new '54G and my existing '54G?  In other
words, I have a section of my house that would be a real pain to get
copper to, but I already have a '54G ticking away merrily with
WPA/PSK-TKIP that I could link to (but I do want a copper segment in
this area).

I know folks here have done this quite a bit, so I will appreciate
someone offering tips or pointing me toward some good HOWTO reading
material.

I am also JFGI-ing, but lately my Fu has been weak...

Thanks!
~Brian

Was gonna subject this "Stupid WRT Tricks," but figured maybe I was the
only one that found that humorous..  (-: