[TriLUG] Question about wiring a new home with Cat6/e

Josh Vickery josh at vickeryj.com
Tue Nov 7 10:11:52 EST 2006

I've always dreamed of putting cable runners in the walls.  Big 3"
pipes that drop straight down from the attic to the crawlspace or
basement, with cut outs at each room.  I figure that would be the best
way to "future proof" the wiring in a house, where future proofing
includes everything from needing better cable for streaming video to
wanting to run some speaker wire that I hadn't planned on.  Has anyone
done anything like this?

Josh