[TriLUG] Thinkpad T-60 graphics/battery

Jim Tuttle jtuttle at prairienet.org
Wed Nov 8 09:49:20 EST 2006

Thanks for the helpful responses about your T-60 experiences.  I was
wonder, though, if anyone had anything to say about the graphics card
choices.  Obliviously, the 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 probably
screams, but I hear it causes the fan to run constantly and it probably
reduces battery life.  The most hard core graphics use the machine would
get would be watching DVD's at conferences, but hardware acceleration
would be nice.  Anyone have any experience with the Intel 950 integrated
graphics?

Thanks so much,
Jim

---Jim Tuttle