[TriLUG] FTP (Again...)

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 20:01:30 EST 2006

Mark Freeze wrote:

> Is there another solution?
>
> Can I quit adding stuff to this message?
If that were my problem, I'd try to find an FTP server daemon that
lets you "hook" code in to run whenever certain events occur.  Other
than using some sort of semaphore, the FTP server's knowledge of
the upload status is about as good as it gets, so it makes sense to
let the server tell you - via a callbac -  when an upload
completes.

What I don't know is whether or not there is a readily
available FTP server that has such a feature. If there isn't
maybe you could talk the vsftpd developers into adding
such support (or one of the other FTP server teams)
or pay somebody to add that to the server of
your choice.

TTYL,

Phil