[TriLUG] Samba Configuration Problem (SOLVED)

boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 22 16:01:28 EST 2006

Hi,

On 22 Nov, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> It sounds to me like smb is not correctly changing the user to be
> the one specified.  I've done this before but had the directory
> owned by the same user smb was running as (nobody in my case).
> You might try that.

It turns out that the problem was that my guest account = bruker line
should have been in the global section rather than the share section of
the smb.conf file.  For reference, here is my updated file:

#my home grown (working) smb.conf file

[global]
     workgroup = XRAY
     security  = share
     guest account = bruker

[frames]
     path = /smb/bragg2/frames
     read only = no
     guest ok = yes
     guest only = yes
     browseable = yes
     create mask = 0644
     directory mask = 0755

Regards,

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-8909
North Carolina State University     |	http://www.xray.ncsu.edu
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204