[TriLUG] Hello (new subscriber)

Dan Tomso dan.tomso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 09:15:54 EST 2006

Hi--
Not to jam up the list with personal messages, but I wanted to introduce
myself.  For now I'm just lurking, but I expect I'll have questions of my
own sooner or later . . .

I'm a bioinformatics scientist and project manager for Athenix Corporation,
which is in RTP off of Ellis Rd.  We're running one server (Red Hat
Enterprise 4) now, adding a second, and I also run Ubuntu on one of my home
systems.  We'll probably migrate the server here (and the new one) to some
Debian-ish flavor in the next month or so.

When I'm not managing bench science projects, I work mainly in PYTHON, and I
do a good bit of MySQL API stuff (well, on and off).  I used to do a good
bit of PERL, including BioPerl, so I can eventually get my head around some
of the problems that might come up with those platforms.

Thats it!  Hello to all!

Dan Tomso

Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
Athenix Corporation