[TriLUG] SSHD listen on external interface ONLY

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Nov 28 13:54:11 EST 2006

AP>  - If my home address is not resolvable, or if my IP address
AP>    changes, rinetd fails. [1]

CP> Have you tried using ddclient with a dynamic DNS service like dyndns?

Yes, I have used ddclient and dyndns.org, and I highly recommend them.

However, that is sort of tangential to my original question.  I currently
have a fixed IP.  I mentioned this "quirk" because there have been times
when my DSL was down (so my home address was resolvable but there
was nobody listening on my IP).  The quick fix would be to mooch off of
my neighbor's wireless and use the SSH tunnel to keep the mail coming
in.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Alan