[TriLUG] SSHD listen on external interface ONLY

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Nov 28 14:59:00 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Alan Porter wrote:

> JM> ListenAddress 0.0.0.0 #address sshd listens on,
>
> "ListenAddress" is not the option I want to change.

sorry to waste your time. You had a long posting, and I
understood your last paragraph, which was self contained, so
I replied to it (although it seemed something I expected
you'd know).

> I am trying to change the address where a tunnel's child
> sshd listens for port forwarding purposes.

you're trying to change the configuration of the sshd on the
remote machine?

> But this got me digging. It looks like I should be able to say something
> like:
>
> ssh -R 123.45.67.89:25:localhost:25 root at remote.domain.com -g -N &

Oh OK you're root, so you can change the remote sshd. I
didn't know you could reconfigure the remote sshd on the
fly.

Joe