[TriLUG] RAID related boot problems

Randall Barlow randall_barlow at ncsu.edu
Sun Dec 3 16:21:22 EST 2006

Thanks to *NeddySeagoon *from Gentoo forums, I've been able to resolve
my problem.  It turned out not to be RAID related at all: I made and
mistake in configuring support for my IDE controller!

It is possible to boot from RAID if it's mirrored (not if it's
striped!)  The BIOS doesn't need to know how to boot it I suppose
because the MBR isn't RAIDed.  But things seem to work now, so phew!