[TriLUG] Open source backup tools

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 11:58:41 EST 2006

On 12/4/06, Jason Faulkner <jason at oldos.org> wrote:
> However, rdiff-backup's incremental system is a little fragile for comfort,
> although we've been using it for over a year with no major problems, other
> than the fact that it tends to choke on files >6GB, but that's a pretty
> specific problem for us :).

Well, it's something.  I don't anticipate having any files quite that
big, but I do need something reliable.  Define reliable?  Well,
basically no maintenance.  This will be in a system deployed to
customers, who won't have much access to it.  Primary use will be by
scripts and our second line support.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattfrye