[TriLUG] mbox cleanup

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Mon Dec 4 16:38:04 EST 2006

not sure about mbox, but I currently do exactly this same thing with Maildir mailboxes in a cron job.

#!/bin/sh
find /home/luser/Maildir/cur/* -mtime +14  -exec rm {} \; ; done
find /home/luser/Maildir/new/* -mtime +14  -exec rm {} \; ; done

deletes emails older than 14 days old.

if youre procmailing the mail, you can set procmail to write to Maildir format.
Jason

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at
04:12:10PM -0500, Brian Henning

|    Jason Welsh   jason at monsterjam.org        |