[TriLUG] Sendmail doesn't send mail on first attempt?...

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Dec 12 16:56:18 EST 2006

Well, at any rate, that doesn't seem to be the problem, either.

However, this does reveal that smmsp does not have read permissions to
/var/spool/mqueue

Could this be one of those inaccurate error-message situations?

Right now,
rwx------ root mail /var/spool/mqueue

would it be safe and/or recommended to add g+rx to /var/spool/mqueue and
put smmsp in the mail group?

~Brian