[TriLUG] thunderbird and auth_method

stan briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Thu Dec 14 16:44:20 EST 2006

all,

i'm new to thunderbird and like what i see so far. well, except that i can't
send email from thunderbird. (my 'other' imap client [outlook]) works fine
with my dovecot imap server but, alas, thunderbird does not, yet. the short
question seems to be how do i get thunderbird to use the authentication
method 'LOGIN'. it seems to use 'PLAIN' and i can find nowhere to change it.
the prefs.js file does not seem to be very well documented. there appears to
a place there to set this value (auth_method) but no documentation as to
what to change it to.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
stan

Stan B. Briggs
+1-919-414-9513
www.oBoJ.org: openBBQ/openJam is the open source community coming together
for the benefit of society. our events and work are for the purpose of
raising awareness, raising funds, and performing activities for good causes.
participation is open to all who wish to support worthwhile public causes.